Join us today and be a part of the groundbreaking conversation taking place here at OptumRx. Training classes starting soon.
If you are looking to be empowered with the flexibility and opportunity to create change, OptumRx is the place for you. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide.
Let's talk about what happens when a company that touches millions of lives gathers the results from millions of prescriptions filled every month and analyzes their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all of this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Pharmacy Warehouse Technician (Pharmacy Technician license required) is responsible for the receiving and verifying of incoming medication and supply orders and maintaining the warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion. This position will pull medications and supplies for work orders and delivery tickets and follow pack-our procedures to assure that patient's medication and supply orders are received on time, complete and within required temperature specifications. The position will also be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls for medication refills and scheduling courier deliveries and if needed, serve as a back-up delivery driver. The pharmacy technician will work closely and collaboratively with pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and nurses on a daily basis.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00 am - 5:00 pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Accurate and timely receipt of medication and supply orders on a daily basis and the stocking of the warehouse
- Assist in pulling medications and supplies for work orders to be compounded applying meticulous detail in recording lot numbers, and maintaining accurate supply counts to avoid stock-out situations
- Monitor daily compounding and patient delivery schedules to assure the most efficient and cost effective use of driver, courier and common carrier resources to assure on time delivery
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required time frames
- Assist in the receiving, inventorying and shipping of medications and supplies
- Performing quality checks and cleaning of infusion pumps and tracking preventative maintenance schedules
- Work collaboratively with pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and nurses to meet the needs and expectations of our customers
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Current State of Nebraska Pharmacy Technician License
- 3 years of previous experience working in the pharmacy industry
Experience with CPR
Previous experience working in infusion roles
1 years of experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals
Current Pharmacy Technician National Certificate
Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team / group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult / advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
You will be a critical part of a dynamic pharmacy operations team that serves one of the largest populations of specialty infusion patients in the Midwest. You will be responsible for assuring that daily medication and supply orders are received, documented in the clinical software system and stocked in the warehouse. You will be responsible for maintaining an orderly and fully stocked warehouse and for managing the accuracy and timely delivery of patient orders in the most efficient and cost effective manner. You will work closely and collaboratively with pharmacists, technicians and nurses as a team in meeting the needs and expectations of our customers.
Careers with OptumRx. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at OptumRx. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
View our COVID-19 Resources Page, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk, La Vista, Nebraska, NE