Job Title: Manager Clinical Applications - Revenue Cycle
Location: Omaha, NE
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Systems, the Manager of Clinical Applications Revenue Cycle is responsible for managing a team that designs, develops/configures, implements, integrates and supports clinical applications systems (i.e. Epic revenue cycle applications including, but not limited to, Resolute Hospital and Professional Billing, Charge Router, HIM, Cadence, and Prelude Inpatient Registration and Grand Central Station ADT). In this role, you will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of systems projects to ensure projects and goals are accomplished.
- Plans, manages, directs, and coordinates all activities to ensure a stable information environment, efficient workflows, responsiveness to clinical, research, and educational operational needs and optimization of applications to achieve enterprise goals for patient safety and quality health outcomes across the continuum.
- Manages projects and workloads to ensure timely implementation, effective resource utilization, and alignment with enterprise strategic and operational priorities.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and processes to support and facilitate transparency, engagement, collaboration and innovation in system design.
- Participates in and fosters adoption of IT governance process and change control.
- Facilitates building, planning, problem solving, and prioritization discussions with application teams, information technology specialists, clinicians, and leadership.
- Manages project personnel and vendor resources based on assigned duties and scope of authority to ensure projects complete on schedule and within budget.
- Prepares project status reports, communicates status/issues to constituents, and suggests modifications of schedules as required while ensuring changes fit within overall program plan.
- Develops and maintains project documentation and ensures centralized storage and indexing of documentation.
- Supports the creation of clinical software system training materials.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field and/or degree in clinical care (e.g. RN, PharmD, RT, MT or other related degree) required; or equivalent relevant experience
- Master's degree in information technology, business, informatics, nursing, pharmacy, or other health related/clinical field preferred
- Five years' experience in healthcare, healthcare operations, or information technology
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required
- Minimum of five years experience managing implementations of packaged and/or custom clinical applications in a healthcare environment
- Experience in Epic Community Connect preferred
- Epic certified preferred
- Familiarity with health information technology and related regulatory requirements preferred
- Understanding of and experience with applications lifecycle and development methodologies
- Project management experience preferred
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses' focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Schedule : Full Time
Date Posted: March 05, 2020
Job ID : 15329
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in