Career Opportunity – Project Manager – Transportation
Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you'll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You'll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you're eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
About The Role
The Project Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and will have an in-depth knowledge of Infrastructure/Civil construction projects and a detailed understanding of all aspects of construction including technology, equipment, materials, bid management, claims management and safety.
As a Project Manager at Graham you will:
- Assist in pursuing and securing new work for the company through collaboration with our work winning team.
- Develop, recommend, and implement the project execution plan, schedule, and budget following project award.
- Ensure that the project is constructed in accordance with the Client's design, specifications, budget, and schedule.
- Liaise with legal counsel in conjunction with the Operations Manager, assist in the review and negotiation of contracts and subcontracts.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts and participate in risk management activities in order to protect the company's interests and maintain good relationships with our clients.
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope. negotiate change orders with the owner. manage potential claims on a proactive basis and practice a claims avoidance approach.
- Ensure that the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Assist, review and negotiate contracts. liaising with legal counsel, as appropriate, in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Develop, recommend and implement the project plan, after being awarded the project
- Coach/mentor, provide direction, and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Monitor and control progress, costs and budgets throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Act to resolve disputes between the Company and our clients, or the Company and our subcontractors on a proactive basis and with a focus on building long-term relationships.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, retention, development, and performance management of our Project Coordinators, Field Engineers, Superintendents, and other project support staff.
- Construction Management, Civil Engineering or has equivalent experience
- Knowledge/experience within the transportation sector is required
- At least 5-years' experience managing Infrastructure Projects ($5-100 million) as a general contractor.
- Knowledge/experience in civil, bridges, roads and rail (LRT)is considered an asset
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of construction: technology, equipment, materials, bid management, claims management and safety.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Opportunity for ownership and increased income through dividends and share equity increases
- 15% of annual profits are paid out in bonuses
- Excellent Health & Dental benefits plan, Life insurance, AD&D. LTD and Flex Plan
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching upon eligibility
- 12 paid holidays a year
- 3 to 5 weeks of vacation per year, with credit for prior industry experience
- Professional and career development opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at www.grahamUS.com.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Group US Ltd.
6912 N 97th Cir., Suite 3