Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room
Schedule: Full-Time, Four 10 hour shifts 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a RN-Operating Room, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provide continuing health care and education to individuals and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to complete the pre-operative physical, cognitive, spiritual and psychosocial assessment of patients awaiting surgery.
- Formulates plan of care and reviews and revises plan on an ongoing basis. Able to plan and give care based on the patient's age and level of development.
- Assures appropriate information management and documentation as per hospital policy; gives timely and thorough report to other members of the health care team using a designated hand off communication tool.
- Performs circulating duties in the operating suite and supervises surgical technologists.
- Registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license,
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting, and pediatric experience, preferred,
- Minimum of one year of previous OR experience, required,
- Must be CPR (BLS) certified
- ACLS & PALS certification within 6 months of employment,
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses' focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 19th, 2020
Job ID: 15663
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.