What does a great Sr. Project Manager do?
We are seeking a Project Manager with extensive public sector management consulting experience to play a meaningful leadership role on projects within the Western and Northwestern regions. This is an exciting opportunity to represent our Government Solutions Professional Services team in a consultative role involving a "sell/deliver" model. This role involves growing the business just as successfully as delivering on an engagement. You will have responsibility for specific engagement management, client management, people management and business development. You will be driving the successful delivery of engagements from pursuit, through project planning to execution while maintaining and growing client relationships along the way. Join us to participate in the evolution of the company's delivery and development methodology as grow and evolve!
You are a particularly great fit for this role if you are a highly adaptable self-starter that thrives in the "gray space" where scope, deliverables, responsibilities, and expectations are not always defined as well. If interacting with clients, establishing and maintaining trusting relationships and guiding teams through their daily responsibilities and professional growth excites you, let's talk!
- In a leadership role, works closely with clients guiding the successful planning and execution of IT implementation and modernization projects, maintaining "trusted advisor" status, fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Ownership of status report reviews and regular meetings with clients, as necessary.
- Implementing and executing PMBOK-aligned project management practices
- Monitoring and communicating the status of key metrics and SLAs, milestones, policies and procedures
- Managing internal and external communication of risks, issues, performance, and plans and solving or escalating properly
- Continually assessing communications methods to validate appropriateness for audiences and take advantage of emerging channels to confirm key messages are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Ownership of project P&L, maintaining controls to monitor budget/cost projections, resource allocations, and time reporting
- Direct management of the project team resources, providing mentorship, feedback, performance management and professional development support
- Participating in a key capacity in new business development by providing solution analysis and definition, contributing to capture planning, strategizing, proposal development and writing
- Developing understanding of existing client pain points (and engaging in scope management), finding opportunities to provide increased value to our clients, navigating and negotiating the execution of change orders
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
You bring extensive experience managing large scale multi-million dollar public sector Time and Materials and Fixed Price projects in a fast-paced environment throughout the full system development life cycle. Project and program management experience should include Strategic Planning, Quality Assurance, Independent Verification and Validation, and Business Transformation/Organizational Change. In addition:
- Strong methodical approach, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to respond to change and challenges as led by the client
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience developing positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to plan and facilitate presentations and client meetings, and guide the company and client Teams in developing required deliverables and work products
- 5+ years of client relationship management experience, to include executive briefings and status reporting and a demonstrated background establishing and maintaining "trusted advisor" status
- Experience in business and technical requirements gathering, management and traceability
- Capability and willingness to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, shifts in direction and priorities, both from a client and internal perspective
- Ability to make complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 4-year degree
- Active Project Management Professional certification
- Knowledge of federal certification processes and requirements
- Knowledge of Industry Standards: IEEE, CMMI, ITIL, NIST, MITA
- Public Sector Health & Human Services Program and IT modernization knowledge, especially case management and eligibility and enrollment systems
- Financial Technology and Payment Solutions knowledge
Travel required: Percentage/frequency of travel – 30%
Who We Are:
First Data Government Solutions, LP (FDGS) is the government-facing business component of Fiserv Corporation. FDGS services federal, state, and local level governments, as well as higher education institutions, non-profit organizations, transit and utility companies. Since 1989, we have helped governments plan, procure, and manage IT projects that support health care, human services, tax, transportation, labor, education, criminal justice, and public safety. FDGS offers a wide array of products, as well as consulting services, to governments to support their missions and care for their citizens. These products support payments to and from governments and other government transactions through products like AuthentiCare, Clover and ACH/TeleCheck.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.