Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company! Our history of excellence and growth has resulted in many exciting career opportunities. For the 7th year in a row, we have been named one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team members have created a world-class culture that promotes a positive workplace and drives us to succeed, making us one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
Our Operations teams work with our consumers to promote great service, encourage them to bring their accounts current and resolve escalated issues. Team Members specialize in various segments of the contract life cycle to achieve the highest levels of performance. We are committed to providing career growth opportunities to our Team Members and we are proud of our record of promoting from within. Our flexible schedules, casual work environment and culture of having fun make this a Great Place to Work!
About this Position:
- NOTE: Due to events related to COVID-19, this position will work from home until further notice. At a future date, you will be assigned an office work location.
- Efficiently and accurately handling calls by assisting consumers in an effort to resolve their issue during the first contact and eliminate future calls where possible
- Effectively educate the customer on how to resolve their issue through self-service options and payment options, where applicable
- Professionally and respectfully provide good customer service during every phone call
- Ensure the information we depend on to contact and collect from these consumers is accurately maintained
- Support additional customer service requests
Outcomes & Activities:
- Handle Incoming Phone Calls: You will spend up to the vast majority of your time on the phone effectively and efficiently handling consumer phone calls, one-time and recurring phone payments
- Provide Excellent Customer Service: You will use our call model to handle each call in a manner that is respectful and patient while providing consumer with accurate account information
- Provide Quality Payment Transactions: You will need to stay within the parameters as set by the department
- Provide Support: You will handle all consumer requests such as document requests and information inquiries as well as processing one-time and recurring phone payments
- Promote Payment Options: You will educate consumer on importance of making timely payments by offering On-line, AutoPay and One-time Payment options
- Receive and Act Upon Feedback: You will need to be open to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance
Knowledge & Skills:
- Manage your time effectively and adhere to attendance guidelines and complete work tasks in a timely manner
- Active listener and have effective communication skills
- Seek, retain and share knowledge to help consumers resolve requests and understand the functions of other departments
- Problem solver, with an ability to understand, interpret and act on information promptly and effectively
- Self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Open and receptive to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance
- Intuitive with the ability effectively offer options to better benefit the consumer needs
- Speak clearly, professionally and articulately on the telephone
- Talk and type at the same time (talking with consumers while documenting relevant notes)
- Manage a set work schedule
- Document account notes clearly and efficiently
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks, sit and talk on the phone with a headset for up to 90% of the day
- Operate office equipment (copy machines, fax, telephone, and keyboard)
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment
- Experience in the finance or automotive industry
- Experience in any position where you had to demonstrate excellent communication skills
Training & Schedule Requirements:
- Monday through Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Virtual Training will be conducted beginning XXX
Targeted Compensation: $16.00/hour, plus uncapped monthly bonus potential
This position will work from home until further notice.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
- Work onsite at the assigned Credit Acceptance work location or territory
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
Does this position align with your career goals? Do you meet the required qualifications? Do our PRIDE values resonate with you? Perfect! We want to hear from you.
We understand that your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but for you long term. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!
We have great details around our stats, success, history and more. We're proud of our culture and are happy to share why – let's talk!
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.
California Residents: Please click here for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the personal information Credit Acceptance may collect from you.