A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace. Our team helps bridge the relationship between leadership and employees at PwC through Human Resources solutions. You'll handle issues on operation management, strategic partnership, employee relations and emergency responding.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
PHR or SPHR
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in human resources policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to partners/leaders with a focus on accelerating the development of our people;
- Collaborating with partners/leaders to identify issues and develop and execute action plans across all areas of our people strategy including diversity, development, performance management, and rewards and recognition;
- Executing of the People Strategy implementation and HR support, including coaching and development, talent management, performance management and facilitation;
- Leading partners/leaders in identification and management of high-potential talent and succession planning, retention efforts, and diversity initiatives;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with identified staff with goal of understanding and facilitating career objectives and employee engagement/satisfaction such as career interests, mobility, distinctive experiences and diversity initiatives;
- Focusing on diversity initiatives by collaborating with partners/leaders and Deployment Consultants, and consulting with Office of Diversity as needed;
- Facilitating mid-year check-in to identify performance trends, promotion candidates, high-potentials and diversity initiatives;
- Supporting partners/leaders as they prepare for annual Career Roundtable (CRT's) meetings by identifying performance concerns, finalizing compensation, diversity initiatives and Career Outlook preparation;
- Supporting assimilation of new hires and interns to the team/practice, including Coach and RP alignment, reviewing initial client assignments and chargeability and diversity initiatives;
- Offboarding activities such as consulting with senior HR professionals/Office of General Counsel (OGC), departures, and collaborating with Ethics & Compliance on employee relations matters, departures and investigations, as directed by supervisor;