Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Consumer Loan Underwriter 2 position will be part of a call center team responsible for taking inbound customer/merchant calls, processing and underwriting private label and co-brand credit cards while following company and regulatory guidelines.
JOB FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Evaluating and ensuring overall credit card application is accurate, complete, and compliant
- Apply knowledge of standard underwriting procedures, creditor financial analysis techniques
- Review and analyze credit bureau reports and interpreting the data
- Calculation of applicable ratios to determine affordability, credit utilization, etc.
- Review supporting documentation for truthfulness and accuracy
- Perform extensive research to resolve complex underwriting issues.
- Implementation of fraud detection and prevention techniques
- Understanding of the use of automated scoring system
- Will have direct responsibility for receiving inbound phone inquiries from internal (banker) and external customers
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday – Saturday, 6:00 am - 9:00 pm PST and Sundays, 8:00 am - 9:00 pm PST
- Hours are subject to change based on business need.
- Requires open availability during hours of operation
- Requires flexibility to work hours which includes weekends and holidays
- 2+ years of underwriting experience; or 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: loan processing, origination, or closing
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to navigate multiple windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- 1+ year of call center experience
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NV-Las Vegas: Min: $41,800 Mid: $58,000
NV-Las Vegas: 4455 Spring Mountain Rd - Las Vegas, NV
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.