Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a Director of Business Development you will have an exciting opportunity to exceed assigned pipeline and profit objectives and work closely with the VP and AVP of Sales in developing overall sales strategies for your geographic territory. You will also partner closely with regional executive leaders and directors in creating and implementing the sales processes and aligning with regional operational goals.
Successful sales leaders in this role will have the opportunity to:
- Drive sales process leadership from contact through strategy, proposal, presentation & successful conclusion for a defined market
- Aggressively research, identify, qualify & target potential clients & develop access strategy to initiate contact
- Develop & maintain relationships at the 'C Suite' while understanding and communicating prospective customers' corporate culture within Aramark
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales and marketing strategies in selling broad portfolio of services within defined market
- Develop and lead strategy process with regard to: Competitive Environment, Account Sales Strategy and Territory Development Strategy
- Identify needs and source customer specific solutions for those needs
- Utilize resources from across Aramark in order to design & deliver customer desired outcomes
- Influence and collaborate with regional team members without formal authority to achieve expected sales objectives
- Develop relationships with intermediaries to build pipeline of opportunities and awareness of capabilities
- Represent Aramark in the marketplace through various industry conferences and events
- Build relationships personally with prospective C-Suite customers to ultimately develop a coach for all new sales initiatives
- Provide appropriate market & competitive information
A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. A minimum of 5 years "high end" strategic selling experience is required. Prior dining services experience and/or operational experience is preferred. Prior sales leadership experience is also preferred. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Ability to think, plan and sell strategically
- Possess a consultative, customer centric selling philosophy
- Demonstrate the ability to build alliances and influence key decision makers, both internally and externally, without formal authority
- Managing customer relationships through creative problem solving and customer savvy
- Market awareness in a mature service industry
- Self-starter who requires minimal degree of direct management
- Prior experience in contract management services
- Operational acumen and savvy, including pro forma development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Efficient organizational skills (time/territory management)
- Poised and sharp presentation skills
- Team selling orientation and leadership skills in a non-reporting environment
- The ability to "close" the deal
This position will report to the Vice President of Business Development, Business Dining. This is a work from home position with extensive travel. States covered include Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and North and South Dakota.