Amazon Fulfillment is seeking a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) to serve as a designated safety representative for their assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by the safety leadership. The WHSS promotes a positive safety culture while complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The WHSS is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The WHSS supports management's efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The WHSS also conducts risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the WHSS is responsible for recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
- Relocation assistance is not provided*
EHS Specialist Responsibilities:
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
- Enter Safety Incident Information in internal database in a timely manner
- Perform safety observations & audits
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, safety team members, etc.) to complete their safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.)
- Perform specific safety training as required by the Safety Manager
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations