At Connections Academy, helping students maximize their potential and meet the highest performance standards through a uniquely individualized learning program is at the core of our mission. Connections Academy was founded in 2001 to deliver high-quality, highly accountable online education to students in grades K-12. Hallmarks of Connections Academy-supported online schools include personalized learning, an award-winning curriculum and Education Management System (EMS), dedicated state-certified teachers, and a supportive school community. Parents of enrolled students consistently share their satisfaction with Connections Academy: 92% "would recommend the schools to other families" and 95% say the curriculum is "high quality." In 2017, Connections Academy-supported public schools serve students in 27 states, while the private online school, International Connections Academy meets the online school needs of students worldwide. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Academy is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Academy is part of the global learning company, Pearson, and its Online & Blended Learning group. For more information, visit www.ConnectionsAcademy.com.
Nevada Connections Academy (NCA) is a tuition-free, online public school that serves students in grades 9–12 throughout Nevada. The school launched in 2007 as a distance education charter school authorized by the Nevada State Board of Education, and is governed by an independent Board of Directors. The school is operated by Nevada Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Nevada, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. NCA is accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission, an accrediting division of AdvancED.
This position is working with Nevada Connections Academy from our office in Reno or your home office within the state. Our state certified virtual teachers manage online instructional programs for students around the country and across the globe. Teachers communicate regularly with students to ensure that each student successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The High School CTE Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe® Connect™;
- Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
- Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis to update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
- Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourage consistent interaction with the course(s);
- Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
- Consult with team members and administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling or at-risk students through differentiation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
- Communicate regularly with students, using phone, Chat and our WebMail system;
- Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students' well-being and personal information, including following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach CTE courses with a valid state teaching certificate in Nevada.
- Certification in multiple content areas is a plus.
- Must have completed traditional teacher preparation program (not alternative certification) at an accredited college or university.
- Log in daily to ensure emails, WebMail messages and phone calls are returned within 24 hours
- Provide feedback to students in a timely manner and grade assessments within the required timeframe
- Attend check-in meetings with your supervisor twice per month (or as scheduled)
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed, to support some families