- $17-20 per hour
- Comprehensive Benefitand Retirement Programs
- This is a direct-hire role.
- local candidates only
Our client is a local bank where you will be challenged to be your best, where integrity matters andsuccess motivates.They are looking for aCommercial Loan Assistant (CLA)who will exceed customers’ expectations through innovative and collaborative thinking and provide a personal approach.
You will beresponsible for Loan Servicing for the Bank. Ensure accurate and timely servicing and related customer support activities for the Bank’s loan portfolio, which includes developing and implementing best practices in loan servicing related policies, procedures, and business processes; complying with all related State and Federal lending laws and regulations; leading, training, and developing staff; and providing the highest level of service and support to the Bank’s customers.
- Supporting 6 lenders (there is one other CLA)
- Setting up commercial loan files, responsible for maintaining department files in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Perform procedures related to advances, pay downs, and disbursement process
- Prepare and review documentation of commercial loan closings as needed.
- Order required due diligence items (i.e. Appraisals, Environmental Reports, Property Inspections and Flood Searches).
- Ensures accuracy and proper use of tracking reports for key information such as Flood Insurance, Property Tax Insurance, UCC’s, etc.
- Conducts regular and routine department assessments to ensure departmental controls, policies, and procedures are achieving accurate and desired results. Proactively implements clean-up procedures and corresponding changes when necessary and as appropriate.
- Interacts with auditors, examiners, compliance team, and legal team to assist in Bank reviews and examinations. Follows-up and corrects any items addressed and ensures necessary changes or recommendations have been implemented as directed in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Lending team
- Works with loan officers and third-party professionals (attorneys, appraisers, inspectors, etc.) in order to close loans in conformity with approved terms and conditions.
- Reviews all loan documents prior to closing to ensure that they will cover the intended collateral and document the borrower’s and guarantor’s obligations to the bank.
- Prepares loan funding information based upon the approval and closing documents.
- Works with participant banks in arranging for funding on loans sold or purchased.
- Processes pre-closing escrow deposits made by customers held against closing costs such as fees, appraisals, etc.
- Verifies that all pre-closing conditions have been met prior to authorizing funding.
- Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 2+ year’s prior experience in a loan operations or loan closing environment.
- Familiarity with commercial loan documents, SBA loan documents, and insurance documents
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow directions in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- Strong in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.