LGr D A 14 ‐ A 16
The Senior Specialist Advisor will support with the execution of the mission and strategic objectives of the Berlin based Government Affairs team and the global Government & Regulatory Advocacy division within Government & Regulatory Affairs. The Senior Specialist Advisor will be tasked with monitoring and managing political developments and policy trends in the bank's home market and representing the bank's views vis-à-vis key political stakeholders.
The Senior Specialist Advisor will be based in Berlin and report to the Head of Government Affairs Europe.
- Support the Head of GA Europe and the Government & Regulatory Advocacy leadership team in driving the bank's political engagement and regulatory advocacy, with particular focus on the Federal Government and the German Bundestag;
- Develop relationships and maintain regular communications with partners and stakeholders in the Berlin ecosystem (policymakers, trade associations, political foundations, thought leaders, etc.);
- Provide surveillance and monitoring of proposals of new German (and where relevant EU) legislation applicable to the activities of the Bank;
- Partner closely and with colleagues across Government & Regulatory Advocacy to help shape and refine DB's policy goals and appropriate positioning;
- Provide insight, advice and reporting to internal stakeholders, especially Senior Management, on political and regulatory trends and developments in Germany;
- Prepare briefings and provide input to speaker notes and speeches for DB Senior Management on a variety of political, regulatory and societal issues to help position DB as a thought leader;
- Plan and deliver events, including workshops, panel discussions, and evening receptions in alignment with the bank's policy priorities.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Passionate about politics and public policy; prior experience and existing relationships in the Berlin ecosystem considered a strong asset;
- Good understanding of the political systems of the Federal Republic of Germany and the European Union;
- Good understanding of the structure and business model of global financial institutions;
- Prior direct exposure to Senior Management considered an asset;
- Experience with relationship/stakeholder management considered an asset;
- Proven ability to handle complex and ambiguous situations and apply good judgment;
- Proven ability to deal appropriately with sensitive information;
- Strong team player with high energy, ready to engage in a fast-paced environment;
- Good communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Fluent English speaker, German at mother-tongue level.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.