Senior Commercial Loan Underwriter – Temporary
Job Description Summary
The candidate will join the Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. Diligence & Advisory Group as a Senior Commercial Loan Underwriter. This opportunity is on a temporary project basis with the opportunity for future job growth at the company.
The position requires a thorough knowledge of commercial real estate (CRE) and/or commercial and industrial (C&I) loan documentation, loan terms, industry terminology, loan documents and loan covenants for underwriting and data aggregation assignments. The candidate will also have the ability to generate and understand CRE and/or C&I cash flows, including standard measures of cash flow coverage and standard loan risk parameters.
Cushman & Wakefield temporary employees will be credit trained professionals that have the following experience and/or capabilities on a project basis:
- Loan Underwriting of Asset Classes including CRE, C&I, ADC, Specialty Investments, and REO Credit File Review of Third Party Reports including Appraisals, Engineering and Property Condition Reports
- Cash Flow modeling of all asset classes including review of historical & current financial statements
- Data entry of loan information including property and/or asset, borrower/sponsor, financial, market, industry, and loan level information
- Preparation of Asset Summary reports and/or final deliverable materials for review
Knowledge & Experience
The professionals will also have the following qualifications:
- Associate, Bachelor's Degree or Professional Designation in Business, Finance, Accounting or Real Estate
- 5+ years underwriting and/or credit experience for a bank, private equity or advisory company Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working remotely and on time of the essence assignments
- Ability to travel on assignments and work in a team environment
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.