Alternate Locations: Dover, NH (New Hampshire)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position will perform and deliver on routine and progressively more non-routine workers compensation and subrogation assignments independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. S/he will coordinate, investigate, negotiate and recover workers compensation and subrogation liens by pursuing the responsible party or referring lien to vendor. S/he will communicate with responsible parties, insured's agents, vendors, and/or attorneys to obtain and/or provide a diverse range of needed information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Works independently delivering on routine but progressively more non-routine work, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
- Makes routine and progressively more non-routine decisions independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Shares a diverse range of knowledge and information and/or enables less experienced team members to perform his/her assignments.
- Performs a diverse range of tasks/transactions related to common programs and services by directly applying expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations.
- Evaluates subrogation potential and either pursues appropriate recovery or submits claim to appropriate vendor.
- Negotiates settlements with responsible parties, their carriers, vendors, or legal counsel if settlements reduce lien amount by 1/3 or less. Escalates lien if settlements would reduce lien amount by more than 1/3.
- Leverages multiple systems to obtain and manage customer information needed to file and support lien.
- Responds to requests, including but not limited to, pay histories, information updates, and other document requests from various parties
- Communicates with policy holders, vendors, attorneys, and agents on the status of pending subrogation matters, as required by statutes, regulations, and/or service standards.
- Applies refund checks in claims systems and processes vendor expense payments within established $2,500 authority.
- Sends ASO checks to employers with appropriate template letter.
- Adheres to all applicable statutes and regulations as well as company protocols.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
High School or GED (Minimum Required)
3 - 5+ Years of claims/liability experience in group insurance OR for candidates with an Associates degree or above, 0-1 year claims/liability experience
directly aligned to the specific responsibilities directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this role (Required)
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Dover
Job Segment: Claims, Liability, Change Management, Workers Compensation, Insurance, Management, Human Resources