At Allied Universal® our Security Professionals assist clients, and the public at large, by providing essential jobs that keep our communities safe and secure. During this time, we need your help more than ever. We have immediate employment opportunities. Allied Universal also employs an interview process you can complete from the comfort of your home through our online application and video interviewing technology. We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees and invite you to apply to join the team.
Allied Universal is Seeking a Part-Time Security Operations Center Security Officer for a Corporate Setting Located in New Brunswick, NJ
Candidate must be over 21 and have at Least 2 Years Security Experience
Ideal Candidate Should Possess the Following:
- Experience in Customer Service
- Great Communication Skills, both Written and Verbal
- Exceptional Computer Skills
- Ability to Utilize Critical Thinking Skills while Applying Sound Judgement
Friday & Sunday 7:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday & Tuesday 3:00pm to 11:00pm
- Paid Orientation
- Free Sora training contingent on a conditional offer.
- Employee Referral Program
- Retention/Holiday and Employee of the Quarter Incentive Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Officer.
Professional Security Operations Center Officer (SOC) is very important to the safety and security of our clients' facilities. Our professional SOC officers allow us to accomplish our company's core purpose, which is "to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities". The SOC security officer will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness. Professional Security Operations Center Officer positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
The Professional SOC Security Officer may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility where they work. Although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Ensures that the facility is provided with high-quality security services to protect people and property
- Communicates effectively with the security and safety teams at the facility to assure business continuity
- Builds, improves and maintains effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answers phones, greets guests and employees
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms
- Monitors and operates facility computers systems regularly, as assigned
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations
- Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Handles security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contacts Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Fully embraces security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Maintains awareness of and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
Qualified applicants for the SOC Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.