LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
Join Burlington’s Corporate Human Resources team as an Employee Relations Specialist! The Employee Relations Specialist will direct and coordinate activities that are in compliance with the organization's business results, philosophy, overall mission.
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Our associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and our communities through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities.
- Independently resolves associate relations issues including supporting management with performance documentation and full cycle performance management.
- Interviews and recommends hiring decision for professional level roles.
- Facilitates group meetings with management and associates supporting company initiatives (i.e. Your Voice results and action planning).
- Routinely answers questions and resolves issues regarding PTO and pay.
- Regularly partners with the benefits team to support the LOA process for associates
- Maintains best practices for processes (i.e. Performance Appraisals /Executive Review Boards)
- Positively demonstrates the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
- Process associate data changes in HRIS (Workday) system as well as translate changes to the organizational charts for the company
- Create and edit business correspondence, presentations, project plans, reports and analytical data
- Coordinate small and large scale meetings/activities; schedule all arrangements and send communications
- Assist with inquiries and provide information to internal and external clients related to HR policies and procedures
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience supporting multiple managers or business units
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing employment ( EEO, wage and hour, associate benefit, leave)
- High level of integrity and the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, organizational, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail. Prompt in responding to issues with the ability to operate under pressure and to be very flexible at all times, including reprioritizing when necessary
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Strong problem solving skills; must be proactive and take initiative and have the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build partnerships with all levels of management and business partners
- Must have superior communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create and edit business correspondence
- Must have strong computer skills preferably in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
Today's Date 8/2/2020
Posting Number 2020-133562
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Human Resources