Company: Columbia Bank New Jersey
LOCATIONS: Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, & Union Counties, Central, NJ
Summary: As a Universal Banker you will provide a full range of banking services to retail customers; including both transactional and non-transactional processes. Offers customers more personal banking options while still providing traditional services and assists in reaching all goals set for the branch.
- Processes all banking transactions including but not limited to; deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cashing checks, money orders, selling money orders, gift and Bank checks, processing loan payments and safe deposit box rentals. All banking transactions are to be processed through Columbia Bank's on-line terminals;
- Opens new deposit and checking accounts of all kind and explains these products to customers as required. Handles deceased accounts. Assists with maintenance of files and any documentation of daily platform work required. Assists customers with safe deposit boxes, answers inquiries or provides explanations of all products and services including renegotiation of CDs;
- Discusses personal financial needs with customers and makes recommendations on how the Bank can meet those needs. Cross sells Bank's products and services. Interacts with other Bank departments as required. Services customers, in person or via the telephone, to answer inquiries, research and resolve customer problems and/or complaints and ensure customer satisfaction. Explains the features and benefits of on-line banking and how it works;
- Prepares daily proof sheet at close of business each day. Helps with end of day closing procedures for the branch which includes, but is not limited to; preparation of branch consolidation sheet and document imaging of required branch work;
- Maintains accurate customer and account records. Maintains and updates safe deposit box records, back office work and ordering checks and maintaining branch files;
- Makes referrals to the Wealth Management area of the Bank, First Jersey Title, Mortgage Origination and other departments of the Bank as appropriate;
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of teller and retail experience;
- 1-2 years strong sales skills and customer service experience preferred;
- High school diploma or higher;
- Strong knowledge of banking products;
- Precise figure aptitude and strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Strong PC skills preferred;
- Ability to ask questions to learn about customer's financial needs and, when the customer sees the value, introducing them to other bank team members;
- Ability to work with manager to increase customer advocacy effectiveness through feedback and coaching;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work weekends as needed or scheduled;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter;
- Results oriented with proven track record to motivate self and others to accomplish objectives;
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, and driven; possesses a strong work ethic;
- A collaborator and team player, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships;
- Ability to deliver a seamless experience to the customer.
Normal work schedules typically fall between the hours of 7:45AM-7:15PM.
FOR Part Time: The part-time positions work a minimum of 15 to 25 hours per week with a flexible schedule based on business need. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays and Sundays, depending on the branch.
Orientation, Onboarding & Training:
We provide you the training to help you excel in your position. In order to maximize on your experience we have a robust Onboarding & Orientation Process. Universal Banker positions require either part-time or full-time training for 10 business days. Training schedules are based on availability.
Columbia Bank and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer/Males/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities