At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Retirement Investments Solutions Relationship Manager within PNC's Institutional Asset Management organization, you will be based in NJ.
The incumbent for this role would be responsible for:
- Day to day servicing of defined contribution advisory clients
- Partnering with Business Development team on acquiring new defined contribution advisory clients
- Develops, implements, manages and provides ongoing review on complex client investment strategies based on thorough understanding of client needs and objectives. Owns the client relationship by monitoring customer satisfaction service levels and managing revenue streams to meet relationship profitability. May implement plan design.
- Manages a book of business and establishes and executes the investment and review of complex relationships in accordance with client objectives and PNC's solutions. Provides industry/market insights and perspectives. Retains and grows assets under management and\or revenue for assigned relationships through the delivery of an exceptional client investment experience. May be responsible for retention of the plans.
- Acts as a conduit to complex clients for all products and services by referring clients to other lines of business. Accountable for working with internal partners where appropriate to acquire new clients and expand services in a proactive manner. May serve as a subject matter expert to internal partners. May lead the sales process for their clients.
- May support the Business Development Officers during the sales process and client onboarding.
- Executes risk management practices through the adherence to PNC's policies and procedures. May also act as a liaison for both internal and external partners in their business segment.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Client Relationship Management – Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Services Industry – Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.
Planning and Organizing – Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
Portfolio Management - 1 – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a portfolio.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services – Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Retirement Programs – Knowledge of and ability to implement employee retirement programs and plans.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.