Company: 001 - NORTH DIVISION
Location: 250 Route 17 North East Rutherford, NJ 07073, US
Employment Status: Regular
Brian A Link
Warehouse Manager - Come join the team
Do you like to lead others in a fast pace environment?
Are you detail oriented and efficient?
Then this opportunity is for YOU!
What will I be doing?
We are currently seeking a Warehouse/Operations Manager for Beacon Roofing Supply responsible for the efficient operation of the warehouse operations of a branch. Trains, manages and develops the warehouse team including but not limited to CDL drivers, delivery helpers, warehouse workers and dispatchers. This position will report directly to the Branch Manager.
What to Expect:
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Savings plan with company match
- Bonus Potential
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Time Off Plus Holidays
- Potential for training and certifications on an as needed basis
What does my day to day look like?
- Devises and implements effective procedures for daily warehouse operations consistent with Company guidelines.
- Works closely with management to recognize and develop or correct operational problems and or issues.
- Directs and maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the company's policies and procedures.
- Directs all incoming and outgoing material shipments and ensures that materials in the warehouse/yard are organized and maintained in an effective manner.
- Ensures inventory levels are adequate to meet customer needs; suggests inventory changes as appropriate and ensures accurate inventory control and record keeping.
- Manages movement and transfers of materials; spot checks inventory on a regular basis.
- Organizes and maintains the warehouse, yard and store layout for maximum efficiency and safe operations.
- Works closely with the Regional Safety Manager to ensure that safe operational procedures are followed and the appropriate reporting is filed with a minimum of lag time.
- Directly responsible for the supervision, management, training and development of the warehouse team.
- Monitors employee performance, completes evaluations as required and makes appropriate recommendations for changes as required.
- Handles disciplinary actions as needed and follows all Company policies and procedures in providing adequate documentation of all such actions.
- Call customers in a professional and timely manner
- Inspect condition and quantity of received materials before placing them in the warehouse
- Properly place received materials in correct bin locations
- Communicate deviations with the Receiving Coordinator (in advance) to facilitate proper changes in the inventory control system
- Label and store all non-stock items
- Complete cycle counts and inventory checks in a timely and accurate manner
- Load and unload vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Verify product descriptions, condition, amounts, and nomenclature
- Reconcile printed tickets to stock
- Accurately complete paperwork (Pick Tickets, Inventory Count Sheets, etc.)
- Moving materials in yard and warehouse as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of warehouse
- Lead by example, and adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the requirements?
- Ability to identify and assess talent. Must have the ability to mentor, coach and develop others.
- Bachelor's degree, or five years of related experience; or an equivalent level/combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent judgment, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Motivational leadership skills should include the ability to energize others to excel and gain commitment to the vision and strategies of the company.
- Maintains a positive and enthusiastic environment, even in adverse situations.
- Ability to manage and lead people through change.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and adapt in a changing environment as necessary.
- Ability to maintain excellent public relations with external and internal customers.
- Must be able to work extended hours to meet store goals.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and customers in English (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to handle all types of building products
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is a vibrant and face-paced environment where self-motivation, passion and resourcefulness are rewarded. We are one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has 589 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8500 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having the best team, integrity, exceptional service and quality building products.