We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver great customer experience while maintaining and operating the Seafood Department; to prepare and pack out fresh and frozen seafood according to Company and department standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products including shellfish, spices and powered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of these functions requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code-dating, preparing, storing, price-marking, scaling, and restocking products to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all various types of seafood and related merchandise including taste, preparation, method of use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products (i.e. different types of shrimp, scallops, etc.).
- Contribute to controlling freshness and quality of product.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failures immediately.
- Calculate, if necessary, product gross margins and retail prices.
- Be familiar with recording of invoices on receiving logs and checking for accuracy.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Seafood operation.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Seafood Department.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Seafood Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Seafood Department operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.