The Compliance Officer is responsible for performing AML Investigations of account activity conducted by Retail Broker-Dealer and Institutional Market clients, and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and/or relationship termination, as appropriate. Cases are worked from beginning to completion according to Citi AML procedures and policies. Investigations are generated from sources, which include:
Cases generated via Case Management Tool (EAP, Mantas)
Client-On boarding and Maintenance and Transaction monitoring referrals
- Referrals from business partners and other control areas
- Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Communicate with internal external entities, including other Citigroup AML monitoring units.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Databases consistent with the resolution of investigations.
- Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required.
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- Document all research and analysis conducted in the Case Management System.
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other FIU units, ACRM, the Business, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, Trade Surveillance, and Law Enforcement, where applicable.
- May provide direction to more junior staff.
- Bachelor's Degree Required or equivalent experience
- 6+ years' experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud investigations; direct securities industry experience preferred.
- 4+ years' experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and/or performing AML or financial investigations.
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML
- Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, terrorist financing, and other applicable financial/securities related crimes (e.g., insider trading, market manipulation), including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC, SEC, FINRA, FRB, FinCEN requirements, and SAR requirements
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management, Institutional Markets, and Retail Banking/Brokerage preferred as well as compliance with those business segments.
- Adept understanding of complex financial products and transactions including equities, fixed income securities, derivatives, prime brokerage, DVP/RVP, private placement, asset management, hedge funds, security transfers, ACATS, etc.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong Attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted
- Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Series 7 and/or other FINRA registrations preferred
- CAMS certification is a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.