ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Design and deliver Survey Services training in core disciplines: NS SCOPES, Automatic Sprinkler, and Commercial Lines Underwriting.
- Design and deliver continuing development and refresher training on selected NS SCOPES, Automatic Sprinkler, and Commercial Lines Underwriting topics.
- Design and make available on-demand, interactive, e-learning modules for access and use by Survey Services Field Representatives when and as needed.
- Ongoing, identify and respond to emerging Survey Services technical training needs.
- Work with managers and mentors to identify and address any deficiencies in trainee performance, assuring highest quality individual and divisional work.
- Assist divisional management in evaluating and interpreting technical standards, procedures, and schedules applicable to Survey Services disciplines. Modify and update training materials, technical standards, procedures, and schedules.
- Support Product Development, Data Quality and Risk Engineering
- Assist other technical trainers in their achieving each of the above.
- Five to seven years experience in insurer or related commercial property underwriting and analysis, risk management, and loss control.
- Excellent understanding of principles, methods, and practices of modern fire prevention, fire protection engineering, fire suppression, and new construction technology including fire protection and detection systems.
- Excellent ability to develop and implement technical training programs related to specific-property loss control and related topics.
- Excellent training skills, including conducting classroom and virtual classroom sessions.
- Excellent communication skills—writing, speaking, and listening—and the ability to clearly communicate simple and complex ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a resource for technical issues and serve as a subject matter expert on technical matters.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks or projects, set priorities, and take lead when needed.
- Able to travel as needed in USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year university
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice