RWJBH is seeking a part-time Patient Access Representative to work 18 hours per week during the Day shift (to include Holiday rotation).
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some post-high school education preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year prior healthcare insurance experience required.
- Basic insurance knowledge and experience with point of service collections required.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with team members, patients, and visitors.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Must be able to work efficiently with computers and related programs.
Environment of Care:
- Demonstrates the awareness of safety, security, life safety, preparedness, and utility and equipment management policies competencies.
- Adheres to Standard Precautions.
- Adheres to Safety and Infection Control policies.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Helps maintain a safe and clean patient/work environment.
- Follows incident reporting procedures.
Physical Requirements: A physical condition is required which allows patient contact, including reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking, and/or standing for most of the shift. Must be able to function under rapidly changing and stressful conditions.