This Director of Lease & Site Optimization role ensures financial, contractual, and lease compliance with all laws, regulations and contract terms. Additionally, this role ensures that all policies and procedures relating to GAAP are adhered to by working closely with A.P. and other T-Mobile internal departments as well as directing department budgets and expenditure controls. This role will also be responsible for all phases and execution of Decommissioning projects. Routinely and effectively coordinates and communicates with all project stakeholders, creating synergies across all teams and job functions at both the Regional and Market level, including briefings to Governance committee. The role contributes to the Development function by ensuring consistent high quality and timeliness of delivery of operational and project-based Development activities. This position provides a central point of contact and responsibility for planning, coordinating, resourcing, presenting, executing, and controlling Development Decommission-specific initiatives initiated by the head quarters, region, or markets. The role is expected to contribute in the creation and implementation of key strategic and/or tactical activities to address business challenges and objectives. Core operational responsibilities include ensuring consistency in processes, reporting, forecasting, data integrity, co-location, property management, siting solutions, vendor qualification, vendor contract management, vendor pricing, and construction design and quality standards.
What you'll do in your role.
- Aligns regional dedication for decommissioning with national requirements toward FCC & DOJ obligations and builds and executes a plan that adhere to those commitments. Ensures financial and legal compliance and implementation of requirements by the National Lease Compliance Oversight committee.
- Risk Management - Identifies risks in projects and applies techniques to assess and mitigate the risks using the help and support from the upper level Project Managers and project sponsors. Participates in project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation planning. Forecasts the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and reports impact to project team, sponsor, and other Project Managers. Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution.
- In collaboration with the national, regional, and market teams, develops strategy, processes, due diligence, and reporting to execute on divestiture commitments as defined in "Option Agreement" and "Final Judgment."
- In collaboration with the regional and market teams, develops a decomm list to be presented for approval to the Governance Board on a monthly basis.
- Acts as the main POC to work with the national team to prepare and present site packages to Dish based on the agreement defined in "Option Agreement."
- Helps develop databases and dashboards required to track decommissioning program and to facilitate reporting requirements to all the stakeholders and the DOJ's mandatory reporting. In collaboration with the market and regional teams, develops a relo-decomm process that would allow such sites to be included in the decomm list. Works with other stakeholders to promptly and accurately identify decommission sites.
- Manages site Acquisition firms and Development vendors and defined scope for due diligence required in preparation of site Decom.
- Partners with the markets' development teams, national development team, legal team, and NLG to negotiate MLA and non MLA lease termination, assess financial impact, and prepare termination notices. Negotiates contracts with the vendors for site decom activities and manages de-installation activities.
- Works with the market and Regional RF and OPS teams for BH cancellation, Microwave redesigns, and site elimination from OSS and other databases. Works with the logistics team to return de-installed material back to DNC.
The experience you'll bring.
- Highly preferred completion of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical discipline.
- Preferred complete of PMO.
- Minimum 7-10 years work experience in wireless site development or similar project management experience in real estate development or telecommunications/technology deployment activities. Requires proficiency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. Experience managing and motivating teams of employees with multiple functional competencies.
- Minimum 4-5 years of solid understanding of Radio Access Network (RAN) Equipment and use cases. This includes tower-top vs ground-based deployments of multiple bands and technologies (GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE and 5G NR), Massive-MIMO radio antenna products, Single-RAN solutions, and RF Design Principles.
- Excellent communication, able to facilitate cross-enterprise collaboration.
- High level of organization, negotiation, highly analytical and detailed oriented, Business and Financial Acumen.
- Proven experience of People Management and large Program Management and delivery.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Remember instructions provided in a variety of formats
- Think critically
- Understand/solve problems
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment