Director of Marketing, Insurance
Global Field Marketing
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is a Fortune 200 and consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enterprise marketer to further Cognizant's market position in the Insurance industry, by defining and executing the go-to-market strategy for our insurance business unit. The candidate for this role would report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer for Banking, Financial Services & Insurance.
While working closely with industry solution management teams, as well as Insurance field, digital marketing and sales, you will create and manage strategic plans for new solution launches; client acquisition and retention strategies; messaging and positioning; and conduct market and competitive analysis. The Director of Insurance marketing will also ensure plan execution and coordination across BU leadership, global marketing, analyst and public relations. Responsibilities include:
- Solution/Market fit and growth strategies
- Planning and project management
- Solution & Services positioning and messaging
- Sales enablement and collateral development
- Campaign support including Account-Based Marketing strategies
- Release messaging
- Planning and project management
- Digital and content marketing support
Required Experience and Expertise:
You understand big company dynamics, have worked in matrixed environments and know how to get things done. You have a strong entrepreneurial sensibility; you love to deliver value in the form of new solution introductions and/or high impact marketing campaigns and programs to your target market.
- Minimum 10 years' related experience in and knowledge of Insurance, with experience launching and driving sales of platforms/solutions to Insurers.
- Insurance buyer expert who knows how to strategically target various stakeholder personas at the highest level (C-Suite).
- Strong understanding of Insurance business operations
- Have developed and can share examples of messaging and positioning founded on market and buyer insights, for the right customers, through the right channels in a voice that was differentiated and compelling.
- Have demonstrated passion for taking the complex and making it simple by evangelizing services and solutions, internally, and in the market with influencers and buyers.
- Use data to drive positioning of solutions and recommend investment decisions as you develop your marketing approach, strategies and tactics.
- Rich experience in developing models for and executing Account-based Marketing plans.
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing and internally sharing competitive intelligence.
- Brand ambassador and storyteller with exceptional written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop clear, concise, compelling content.
- Have worked with large teams of enterprise sales reps and account managers hands- on, to inspire, motivate and ultimately win deals through the sales cycle, and generate client stories.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams, especially sales.
- Self-motivated, proactive, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute.
The candidate must also personally align to Cognizant's core values in how they work and show up for their team:
- Client Focus – The client is our true north.
- Passion – We have a collective can-do attitude, with the enthusiasm and commitment to go the Extra Mile.
- Collaboration – Work together to achieve a common goal.
- Empowerment – Figure out how to get things done and make them happen.
- Transparency – We succeed through open exchange of information.
- Integrity – We act with integrity in every decision we make.
- Experience marketing solutions, services, products and platforms to Insurance firms
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some knowledge of design principles
- Excellent writer and communication skills – samples required
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Science, Marketing, Computer Sciences, Finance or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request toCareersNA2@cognizant.com