Areas of Interest: Bank Operations
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 4pm-12am MST
The Item Processing Specialist III provides accurate/timely item data file processing and transmission for mainframe account posting. Files averaging $930 million+ per month are received through a wide variety of products and applications including but not limited to: remote capture deposit, third-party depository services, wholesale and retail remittance, and controlled disbursement. Provides telephone support assistance to commercial and consumer customer service representatives and branch personnel. Provides production guidance.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with processing and monitoring daily receipt of 300-500 incoming electronic image files in base software application (VisionIP), analyzing items and images to correct micr line data and resolve out of balance conditions created at the point of file origination. Handles/resolves complex outages escalated by the Specialist I or II or by request of branch or internal department personnel.
- Using a variety of item imaging equipment, performs check or deposit processing and electronic item capture/balancing, ensuring image quality meets regulatory standards and industry requirements for electronic check exchange. Monitors equipment and systems to ensure accurate data and resolve system-related problems.
- Generates outgoing electronic transit item cash letters containing approximately 4,000,000 items monthly for exchange with a variety of co-banks and clearinghouses, including Federal Reserve, Endpoint Exchange, JPMChase and Bank of America. Performs checks and balances to ensure that dollar amounts of items and cash letters are accurate and that quality of images meet the legal requirements defined by Check 21.
- Perform complex data capture of payment detail, balancing processed items with deposits, uploading files to external clients, trust accounts. Resolution of rejected revenue entries.
- Extracts, balances, and executes various transmissions of 9,000,000 items per month to BOKF mainframe processor, internal departments, and/or customers. Follows checks and balances required for ensuring files processed in VisionIP are received in the mainframe for posting, and controls are followed to ensure regulatory compliance with Sarbannes-Oxley.
- Clerical duties including, but not limited to, pulling non-conforming image originals, truncation of paper items according to established schedule/rotation, and volume tracking.
- May provide workflow guidance and direction in the absence of the area's Team Lead.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent knowledge of data entry, accounting and reconciliation
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in multiple processing systems
- Clear, concise, and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to communicate with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and outages exceeding the skill level required of the Item Processing Specialist I and II
- Excellent knowledge of Check 21 policies and procedures and strong understanding of requirements of Sarbannes-Oxley in the area
- Strong understanding of check, micr, and image requirements
- Excellent trouble-shooting and resolution skills
- Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet applications and Windows operating system skills
- Ability to operate check imaging equipment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain and apply new job functions and processes
- Ability to work in a face-paced deadline driven environment
- Proven ability to provide leadership guidance and support to peers
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a high school education and 5+ years of bank operations or accounting experience or a related field.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
TOP 3 REASONS TO APPLY
Investing in our talent and building a great workplace is a top priority for us.
- Empowered employees
- Award-winning culture
- Community commitment
ABOUT BOK FINANCIAL
BOK Financial is an award-winning regional banking powerhouse and one of the top 25 banks in the U.S, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
We seek to continually foster and support the principles and values of our company by promoting an environment that is inclusive of the diverse values, opinions, experience, culture and needs of our employees, clients and communities.
- 5,100 employees
- 28 Years of financial profitability
- $42+ billion in assets
- $5.8 million in charitable contributions in 2019 and $86 million since the start of the BOKF Foundation in 1998
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Clerical, Mainframe, Data Entry, Finance, Administrative, Technology
Apply now "