- Support and provide the coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function to ensure timely delivery to customers of finished products
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- Collects information regarding raw material, component and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- Manages and/or maintains raw material inventory investment according to inventory entitlement models.
- Assures accuracy of database of suppliers of products used in manufacturing process.
- Prepares orders to vendors as directed for raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production.
- Inventories goods received and identify discrepancies in order quantity and price.
- Checks scheduled delivery dates and makes initial contact with suppliers on late deliveries.
- Escalates issues and notifies appropriate personnel/management as appropriate.
- Checks with warehouse and production regarding availability and movement of materials to detect shortages or overages.
- Supports supplier or component S&OP as required.
- Supports and/or Identify Lean or Six Sigma improvement initiatives.
- Compliance with safety, quality, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed above may be assigned.
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Supply chain experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry desired
- Contract manufacturing experience desired
- Working knowledge of financial processes desired
- Experienced ERP / Planning Systems User desired
EDUCATION / DEGREE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- APICS Certification desired
- Green Belt six-sigma certification desired
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Proactive approach
- Persuading and influencing others
- Can drive continuous process improvements
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Data reporting skills through MS-excel (or equivalent)
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.