Farm Credit of New Mexico Credit Officer
Farm Credit of New Mexico is a highly reputable and stable company that values high standards and rewards loyalty and excellence. FCNM is looking for an effective communicator who correctly handle the details of dealing with loan origination and can maintain and grow business relationships. FCNM provides excellent benefits and an opportunity to grow with the best!
As a Small Business Loan Officer, this position will originate, package and close qualified loan applications up to $750,000. This position focuses on supporting FCNM borrowers as they build and expand their businesses.
This position can be located in any NM location: Albuquerque, Clovis, Las Cruces, Roswell or Tucumcari.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Build relationships and a referral base among small business owners, business associations, community partners.
- Efficiently process complete application packages, including screening packages against product guidelines and required documents, entering and processing applications in our system, gathering all required documents, and closing out loans (approvals or declines) within a target time-frame.
- Analyze basic cash flow and repayment ability through interviews with business owners and review of loan applications, tax returns, bank statements, references, credit reports, employment and income verification, and collateral.
- Significant sales experience in financial services (preferably business lending) as a loan officer, loan consultant, business banker, or sales rep at a microfinance institution, consumer lender, bank, credit union, leasing company or other financial institution.
- Self-starter who goes beyond job description to make sure goals are achieved; demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Strong analytical, math skills with willingness to use qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making.
- Working knowledge of Excel required, and desire/ability to learn other software programs to manage loan portfolio.
- An entrepreneurial work ethic, creativity, and openness to exploring new ideas, systems, and financial tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Agriculture or a related field, and
- Two years of experience in banking, bookkeeping, finance, audit, farming experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles or financial analysis
- Advanced knowledge of credit administration
- Working knowledge of agricultural loan products and services
- Skill in gathering, compiling and organizing information
- Skill in interpreting and applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Skill in interacting and working effectively with others
At the discretion of FCNM, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
About the Company
Farm Credit of New Mexico has been specializing in real estate financing for over 100 years. We are a borrower-owned cooperative that provides a variety of financing services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses and rural clients. We serve agriculture, but our work reaches far beyond tractors and row crops. Financial services today is highly complex and technology dependent, and we value talented, enthusiastic employees in a broad variety of fields to ensure we deliver the best service.
Visit our websites for more information:
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.