HollyFrontier located in Artesia, NM is seeking an Accounting Associate. The Accounting Associate is responsible for non-repetitive bookkeeping and accounting related clerical work and fiscal record keeping. Under general supervision, ensures assigned accounts are paid and invoices are posted to provide accurate management reports or conducts a variety of tasks and coordinates the collection and analysis of data.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Assists all accountants with accounting tasks
- Communicates with all levels of management on information related to department projects or any other requests
- Responds to complex inquiries related to invoices, the company or department rules, regulations, policies and procedures and solves problems as appropriate to position
- Ensures the Accounting department's policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintains and logs permanent stored files
- Prepares various accounting statements and reports
- Prepares, updates, and maintains various periodical files and binders as needed or assigned and distributes as directed
- Reconciles between systems or accounts as assigned
- Coordinates and liaises with internal departments and vendors as needed
- Troubleshoots data issues of assigned invoices
- Enters assigned data into various assigned system(s)
- Processes payments
- Processes end of month journal entries
- Manages and process invoices and distribute processed invoices as assigned or needed through assigned system
- Monitors work of others as needed
- Receives, distributes, input and proof daily information and handle the daily operations and activities of assigned area
- Processes payment proposals and check runs, and journal entries for capital projects and prepare capital tracking reports
- Measures volumes and tracks actual vs. budgeted volumes by site
- Prepares various entries as assigned
- Tracks and enters assigned master file additions, changes, and other revisions
- Relieves receptionist as needed
- Coordinates retrieval, recording and retention of corporate or assigned information and obtain corporate registrations and proper business licenses
- Maintains department calendars to ensure obligations are met as required
- Assists with preparation of department budget and cost center allocations; reviews department expenses as compared to budget, identifying incorrect expense line items
- Prepares complex business communications, presentations, reports, studies, forms and correspondence
- Prepares various governmental reports with supervision
- Assists with collection and preparation for outside tax consultants
- Assists with assigned department mailings and documentation of such mailings
- Coordinates internal training program for accounting staff
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years of on-the-job experience with a minimum of three years work experience in a corporate administrative position or equivalent role is required.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
An Associate's Degree is preferred.
Organized, detail-oriented team player with strong multi-task skills, flexible, creative, resourceful, and highly-motivated with a desire for self-improvement. Ability to analyze basic account entries and adjustments and apply basic mathematical concepts to calculate tax or other accounting amounts accurately. Basic reading and writing skills, ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, ability with attention to accuracy and detail. Proficient computer skills in word processing, database, e-mail, spreadsheet applications as well as accounting system working knowledge. Ability to collect, review and organize business related data; prioritize work activities; achieve planned objectives and handle multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, and good interpersonal skills.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
LI - DNP