Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
This role provides support to the Director of Finance in providing continuous leadership and guidance in matters relating to the financial operation of the hotel by assisting in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports, overseeing daily operations of the Accounting Department activities and internal control procedures designed to safeguard owners/investors assets and ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Oversees the Accounting department activities to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of the department
- Represents the Director of Finance in his/her absence
- Directs & supervises Accounting department employees, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, income audit and payroll
- Oversees accounts receivable and payable activities to ensure accurate recording of information according to generally accepted accounting principles and Auberge Resort established guidelines
- Performs general ledger review
- Coordinates month-end closing, prepares all required journal entries, performs analytical reviews of Financial Statements and explains any variances from Budget
- Responsible for Financial Reporting to Home Office
- Coordinates annual internal/external audit processes
- Maintains Hotel's depreciation & fixed asset schedules
- Performs all duties of Cash Management for Property
- Monitors departmental internal controls and creates and implements operating procedures as necessary
- Performs special projects to meet Home Office needs on an ongoing basis
- Ensures compliance with applicable tax laws; supervises preparation and review of tax & governmental reports and ensures any payment of monies required on a timely basis
- Assists Director of Finance in the budgeting & forecasting processes
- Coordinates the reconciliation of bank accounts, balance sheets, and fixed asset accounting operations
- Reviews and authorizes accounts receivable adjustments, transfers and miscellaneous entries
- Ensures the proper, timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts, and insurance policies
- Directs cash management activities to ensure the proper use and timely availability of funds
- Conducts/oversees monthly audit of General Cashiers vault
- Approves, as needed, purchase orders, invoices, payroll submittals, manual checks, balance sheet, and bank reconciliations, month-end journal entries, bad debt write-offs and inter and intra-company billing
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels, and disciplines accounting personnel according to Auberge Resorts standards
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve the same
- Provides information and assistance to other staff members with regard to accounting functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferably two to five years Assistant Controller/Controller Experience in Hospitality Accounting operations
- Strong Level of Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with Google Suite.
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spreadsheets and complex technical information
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people's lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position