Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
08:30am – 5:00pm
Where is the physical work office located?
Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12210
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work with program staff to analyze and document business and reporting requirements, business / workflow processes, data flows, and system interfaces.
- Work with developers, data analysts, and contractors on gap analysis and logical design.
- Work with business, developers, analysts, and testers to ensure completeness of test plans and test scenarios.
- Develop all or portions of the following project artifacts as needed using MS Office and Visio: Business Requirements Priority Matrix, Business Requirements Document, Gap Analysis Document, Functional / Technical Specifications, Use Cases, Screen and Interface Design Document, others as identified.
- Compile reports and activity status as requested by the project manager.
- Work well in a matrixed team structure, often facilitating multi-disciplinary teams, translating business/program subject matter information into project artifacts.
- Mentor and train junior and mid-level business analysts.
- Prepare and execute a knowledge transfer.
- Follow enterprise, cluster level, department level, and division level directives, best practices, standards, and methodologies, as appropriate or requested.
- 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst working on software enhancements or new development project(s) gathering and prioritizing business requirements with users and documenting business requirements.
- 7 years of experience with analysis and documentation of complex business rules, workflow processes, and re-engineering business processes.
- 7 years of experience leading meetings and facilitating requirements sessions with business/program subject matter experts including functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and security requirements.
- 7 years of experience with all phases of application development including requirements analysis, design and development, data conversion scenarios, testing, and maintenance of systems with more than 10 use cases and reports.
- 6 years of experience with creating and developing documentation: business requirements, business and system process flows, swim lane diagrams, use cases, user interface mockups, user documentation, and technical specifications.
- 3 years of experience with Visio, Balsamiq, and/or other tools for creating and maintaining process flows and wireframes.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.