Medical Science Liaison-SBS-Rare Disease--REMOTE (New England, Boston, NYC)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Medical Science Liaison, SBS-Rare Disease
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an MSL working on the Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS) team, you will be empowered to build strong partnerships and educate patients. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda's mission by providing credible scientific expertise. A typical day will include:
- Applies medical expertise and subject matter knowledge in support of medical strategies for Takeda compounds via field-based activities that are aligned with overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Establishes Takeda's scientific and medical presence with thought leaders and academic institutions, healthcare systems, and payers in defined geographies for therapeutic areas of strategic interest to the company.
- Provides medical insights and intelligence from the field to support the development and life-cycle management of Takeda compounds.
- Provides medical and scientific expertise to commercial partners as needed and within regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies and develops relationships with thought leaders by engaging in ongoing scientific exchange and balanced discussions of science by addressing unsolicited questions regarding Takeda's medicines.
- Fulfills unsolicited requests, coordinates and delivers scientific, pharmacoeconomic, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to regional managed care organizations, payers, and other formulary decision makers.
- Collects medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with thought leaders as well as payers and interprets and communicates relevant information in order to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Identifies and facilitates investigator external research aligned with Takeda's medical strategies. Facilitates review and tracks progress of ongoing, research projects.
- Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation.
- Provides medical booth and session coverage at scientific meetings and reports information of strategic interest to Takeda.
- Addresses unsolicited requests for medical information from health care professionals.
- Delivers scientific information in support of sales training and speaker training initiatives as requested by field management.
- Supports Takeda's speaker bureau through addressing informational needs of speaker bureau members and faculty.
- Completes all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Two years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Albany, NY, New York, NY