It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
NEWS10 ABC has an immediate opening for a Weekend Morning Anchor/Weekday Reporter. We are looking for a hands-on anchor/reporter who thrives on telling strong stories and enterprising content. You must be a team player and community minded. Willing to work with weekend morning crew to bring shows to the next level. Interested candidates should apply online and send their resume and reel to News Director Ryan Mott at email@example.com.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicates clear direction with team members.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs and produces special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Shoots and edits news events and breaking news events
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes and airs live and taped content for News10.com and all WTEN-TV social media platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Produces and presents reports for all digital platforms.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum two years' experience in news reporting or anchoring
- Superior on-air presence
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, and issues
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift
- If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Weekend Morning Anchor/Weekday Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Weekend Morning Anchor/Weekday Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!