Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (HRHCare) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia, Westchester County and the five boroughs.
We are currently hiring Certified Medical Clinical Assistant's for our Brentwood LI & Southampton LI clinics!
The Clinical Assistant helps patients and the clinical team at designated health center in support of medical care as directed by the nursing and medical staff and pursuant to the objectives and policies of the Center. This position performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards and additional jobs or duties assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Clinical Assistant:
- Completes the rooming process and takes vital signs, vision, and/or hearing tests, record patient data in eCW, (laboratory results, pain level, PEAS, PhQ, Smoke status, etc.) Document reason for visit.
- Perform in-house labs, collect specimens for out-side labs (ex. Pap, cultures, etc.) perform quality control in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Keeps clinical area stocked and in good order. Assures that all dated material is kept current and disposes of outdated supplies.
- Cleans and sterilizes all equipment and logs each time this service is performed.
- Perform basic clerical work in service area; answer phones in appropriate manner, communicate problems/concerns to nurse; handle telephone inquires
- Ensures all appropriate logs are maintained.
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/GED with Medical Assistant Training Certificate (RMA or NCMA)
Preferred Education Requirement: Associate's degree with Medical Assistant Training Certificate (RMA or NCMA)
Minimum Related Work Experience: 1 year outpatient clinical experience.
Excellent Benefits & Compensation. Apply today and learn more!