BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Decorates cakes using a wide degree of creativity. Writes messages on cakes using pastry bags and tips. Decorates and packages cakes for special orders. Provides assistance to Members on all bakery items, including safe handling and storage instructions. Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the bakery department. Assists in other areas of the bakery department as needed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Decorates cakes. Answers Member questions, takes bakery orders, and provides expertise and guidance in decorating and writing on cakes and other desserts to Members and Team Members.
- Packages freshly baked goods, including cookies, Danish pastries, muffins, rolls, breads, pies, and cakes. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer. Displays proper amounts based on bakery production chart recommendations. Rotates and stores bakery products following proper work methods on food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures
- Prepares items to be baked based on bakery production charts using oven racks, trays, and/or other equipment. Operates and handles bakery equipment using proper work methods in accordance with safety policies and procedures. Assists with baking as needed.
- Manages bakery cake orders and supplies to ensure product availability on scheduled customer pick-up days.
- Generates labels and price tickets for bakery goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows salvage and stale product policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, display fixtures, and food surfaces in the bakery, including cake decorating equipment and utensils, ovens, refrigerated cases, display racks, and tables.
- Receives and inspects bakery shipments, including cake supplies.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting in other departments as needed.
- Knowledge of mixing icings and coordinating colors to create a variety of decorated goods preferred.
- Prior experience working in a bakery or cake decorating environment preferred.
- Knowledge of bakery products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Bronx
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City