Apply Now Apply Now Apply Later
Job ID BUF00000049 Date posted 06/30/2020
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine and spirits beverage products to assigned customers.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records and roadnet.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized, clean and smoke free.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Ensure correct delivery of product.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must possess a Class A/B Commercial Driver License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 45-60+ pound cases of product. Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- 1 year minimum driving experience with a CDL.
- Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry. Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.