Responsible for proper valuation of products produced at the plant; development of standard costs. Is responsible for the monthly reconciliation and analysis of both raw material and in-process inventories. Develops analyses and recommends revisions to the plants direct (labor and component usage) practices to achieve both improved efficiencies yields and accurate products costs.
- Controls maintenance of both the cost of production system and the product standard cost data base to ensure their accuracy/integrity.
- Analyses, publishes and challenges variances to established standards to achieve a more efficient (labor and materials) operation of the facility (i.e., D/L crewing, line speeds, yields and scrap factors).
- Coordinates and analyzes plant direct labor manning requirements (forecasted/budgeted) based upon current production plans.
- Develops in coordination with plant materials function an efficient and effective budgeting system to minimize the cost of direct material (components) purchased by the plant.
- Reviews and recommends direct labor and material costs to be used in valuing absorption and inventory.
- Evaluates product cost reporting systems to recommend and implement design and procedural improvements.
- Coordinates accumulation, review and presentation of data gathered from other departments to support/analyses of new product costs.
- Shares responsibility of coordination taking and reconciliation of physical inventories with plant materials management.
- Develops standard costs for all products to be produced at the plant.
- Participates in monthly meeting with corporate and plant management.
- Develops forecasted/budgeted absorption analyses for the plant.
- Prepares/reviews monthly journal entries to record inventory movement and production activity (i.e., component issuances from stock, filling, packaging and product release ).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with others for the purpose of improving communication of financial performance and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
All employees are responsible for:
- Protecting the environment
- Preventing pollution
- Complying with applicable requirements as identified in the policy statements
- Promoting sustainable practices
- Working in accordance with the documented environmental procedures and policies, specific responsibilities defined
- Reporting problems or deviations associated with environmental issues and the EMS to the EMR
- Bachelors Degree in accounting.
- Five plus (5+) years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Good familiarity with SAP is a must. In addition, working knowledge of standard costing, financial inventory controls and GAAP are required.
- Must be able to communicate, both written and verbal with all levels of plant management.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability, 401K with company match, and wellness program.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disabilities, or protected veteran status.