Our Job Opening:
We are searching for an Overnight Closer (Member Services Representative) to join our team! As a member of our staff, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests, ensuring an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience! You will also be responsible for closing that business day's shift as well as creating accurate bank deposits.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of sale system.
- Close shift for the business day and create bank deposits for the following day.
- Member Accounts:
- Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- Regular restroom and wet area cleaning and stocking.
- 6-12 months of Customer Service experience is preferred.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work overnight hours.
- Basic computer proficiency with an eye for accuracy.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member's expectations.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work hard and play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
Want more reasons?
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Term Life Insurance
Planet Fitness, the home of the Judgement Free Zone®, supports and celebrates diversity of thought, culture, and background. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where all employees feel they belong and feel comfortable. We recognize that our people and the diverse perspectives and talents they bring to our workforce are the key to our success. We are dedicated to building a team where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where all decisions concerning employment will be made without regard to race, color, alienage, citizenship status, creed, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran/military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our no tolerance policy on discrimination, retaliation or harassment is taken very seriously. You Belong at Planet Fitness!
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.