To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience in mortgage industry is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and seek growth potential.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain rapport with all facts of Operations and Sales staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School preferred
- 1+ years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to comprehend and write simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
This position does not require professional licensing, certification or registration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The Processing Assistant is responsible for ordering all services and subsequent follow up as well as assisting the Loan Processor in other administrative loan duties.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Validate loan data is accurate in loan origination system against loan documents provided
- Assist with proper labeling of loan documents in electronic folder
- Update all File Contact information in loan origination system
- Order appraisal, income validation service, flood cert, asset verification, SSA verification, credit supplements, etc. as required per Processing Assistant checklist
- Perform address validation with USPS
- Confirm county tax calculations and upload to file, if applicable
- Request compliance validation from loan origination system tools
- Request FHA and/or VA case number or Borrower Validation, if applicable
- Follow up with service orders to ensure they are within required SLA's
- Notes comments/conversation log as needed
- Escalate issues to immediate Supervisor upon discovery
- Communicates with Loan Processors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.