Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud Solution/Sales Engineer to join our Sales team! Preferred location for this role is the immediate vicinity of New York City. Candidates should be locally based, but position will be 100% remote under current conditions.
Who you are:
You are a Cloud and DevOps specialist experienced in Sales with the passion and technical ability to help organizations move to the cloud. You take pride in guiding a prospect through the ins and outs of this complex process– all the while advocating for the immense value your organization delivers. Your strong verbal and written communication skills combine with your high degree of confidence and poise to make you a leader in any situation. You are eager to bring your unique blend of technical and soft skills to an organization and act as the technical authority during the sales process - performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs; working with a wide variety of stakeholders to gather needed information through to close.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as a thought leader at Taos and utilizing your in-depth knowledge around the technical aspects of all our cloud services and the industry, including:
- Cloud Computing:Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud
- Managed Cloud Services
- Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- Outsourced IT Infrastructure Solutions
- Security Services
- Teaming with up to 10 Business Development Executives to develop a high-quality sales funnel and to co-lead campaigns to win opportunities and meet/exceed sales and revenue targets
- Working closely with customers to understand their requirements, map those to Taos service offerings, and propose differentiated solutions that are backed by solid financial business cases – and that put Taos in a winning position
- Building new and leveraging existing relationships at new and existing clients across relevant roles including CIO, CTO, VP of Infrastructure, and other influential “mobilizers” within target accounts
- Representing Taos’ cloud enablement and management capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influencing customer expectations according to product and management capabilities and constraints
- Determining client requirements and providing solution design and technical descriptions.
- Driving the creation of proposals, RFP responses, and Statements of Work
- Working with our Service Delivery and Engineering teams to provide pre- and post-sale support as needed to clarify service expectations, including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation
- Developing and growing internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and presenting ongoing technical training to Sales and Service Delivery Personnel
- Providing guidance to sales, operations, marketing, and product development on industry and technical trends observed within our customers’ environments and competitor wins/losses
- Meeting and exceeding management targets for number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, closed, and training completed
What you’ll bring with you:
- B.A. /B.S. Degree is required (possible exceptions if offset by professional experience and track record)
- At least 5 years of enterprise sales experience in a pre-sales solution engineer or solutions architect role
- Cloud certifications in either AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud a must
- Operational experience in delivering/running cloud managed services and/or professional services will give the candidate a significant advantage
- Proven ability to sell both professional and managed services into Fortune 2000 accounts as the technical sales lead
- Technical and operational acumen with developing solutions for pricing of cloud migration and managed services
- Strong understanding of cloud technology (especially AWS) with a broad understanding of infrastructure and AWS Ecosystem technologies
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures; AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud design, build and/or operational experience
- Understanding and some experience with Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive offerings
- Solid understanding of the technical and operational strengths and weaknesses of competition in the cloud managed services space- and ability to adeptly position Taos in light of that knowledge
- Demonstrated competency developing, nurturing, and maintaining executive relationships across IT, Product Engineering, Finance, and other functional groups impacting IT decision making
- Track record juggling the pursuit of multiple opportunities across different lines of business and several BDEs simultaneously
- Competency with research skills and industry acumen required to perform insight-based selling and to put IT solutions in the context of the most pressing (and funded) business challenges for new and existing clients
- Track record of hunting for new logos and farming existing accounts
- Understanding of target industries (technology, SaaS/ISV, healthcare/pharma/biotech, financial services) and solution areas (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS, DevOps, Security, Networking, SysAdmin, Data Center Consolidation/Migration, Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud)
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and managed service provider focused on helping customers address how to get work done at the intersection of business and technology transformation. We find that often the biggest problems facing CIOs and engineering leaders is finding the talent and the organizational bandwidth to improve employee productivity, to deliver stability for critical systems, to improve infrastructure security and uptime and to rapidly deploy new technologies at scale. Fundamentally, we aim to help business leaders more effectively navigate a turbulent, rapidly evolving technology landscape without slowing down their own innovation.
This has been Taos’ focus across a 30-year track record centered in the Silicon Valley and now expanding nationally. From deep, on-demand expertise that accelerates challenging projects to managed services that keep systems running and employees productive, Taos has extensive practical, real-world experience partnering with our clients to implement cloud best practices. We have partnered with a vast number of companies from startup to enterprise across multiple verticals.
We have provided assessment, migrations, builds, or management for hundreds of environments on cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. We are an AWS Premier consulting partner, Microsoft Gold partner, and Google Cloud Premier partner. We take great pride in delivering solutions that maximize the power and capabilities the cloud has to offer and building environments that are highly resilient, secure, automated and cost efficient. You will have a critical role helping us achieve these goals for our clients and enable Taos to make its significant growth targets.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.