McMillen Jacobs Associates' is looking for a Construction Inspector in our New York or Boston office within our Construction Management Practice. The Inspector will work at the project field office or McMillen Jacobs Associates' design office in the New York City or Boston area primarily on highway, sewer, and water main construction projects.
The successful candidate for this position will have experience in sewer or water pipeline construction, including open-cut trench, pit excavation and shoring; replacement and rehabilitation of pipeline ranging from 8 to 72 inches in diameter through methods such as open-cut, slip lining, pipe bursting, horizontal directional drilling, microtunneling, and cured in-place lining (CIPP). Experience with trenchless methods is beneficial.
This position requires physical fitness necessary to make field visits and inspections of on-going construction including tunneling under various field conditions.
- Inspect and monitor construction contractor's work and prepare daily inspection reports. Review contractor reports.
- Review and provide input into field related Submittals, Requests for Information, Plan Clarifications, geotechnical information and data, and CPM schedules.
- Monitor the Contractor's receipt inspection of materials arriving on-site, monitors off-site production activities and/or any other construction activities in his/her area.
- Monitor construction progress for compliance with Contract Documents, safety standards and agency requirements.
- Utilize Agency/client Project Information Management System (PIMS) and/or other Agency/Client electronic systems for preparing Inspection Reports.
- Associate Degree or bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management Technology, Civil Engineering or Construction Management from an ABET/EAC accredited program
- 2 or more years of experience in construction quality assurance/inspection program
- Required OSHA 10 Hour Construction Outreach Training Preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Preferred current First Aid and CPR training from a provider recognized by OSHA.
- Preferred current American Concrete Institute Concrete Field-Testing Technician Grade 1 or ability to receive training and certification
- Knowledge of construction-related processes and industry practices
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as a respirator; meet physical demands of the position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 Lbs., climbing ladders, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook. Preferred knowledge of Visio or AutoCAD
- Good written, verbal communication and organizational skills
ABOUT MCMILLEN JACOBS ASSOCIATES
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a multi-disciplined firm, with self-performing design-build capability. We are experts in underground/tunneling and water resources projects and deploy this expertise to serve water, dams, energy, wastewater, transportation, aquaculture, federal, private, and regulatory clients using a wide range of delivery methods. For 75 years we have worked closely with our clients at every stage of a project assisting them with planning, permits, designs, project management, construction, and start-up.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
Benefits: Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, Matching 401(k), and stock program, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
Pay Rate: DOE
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No Recruiters, Please.