WE CREATE SKIN CARE THAT'S SHOCKINGLY STRAIGHTFORWARD
- We are dedicated to the research.
- We never compromise on ingredients or outcomes.
- We believe in multi-faceted formulas that give you a full spectrum of benefits.
- We are committed to the truth even if that makes us unpopular.
- We have an unwavering love and respect for women.
- Never wonder if a product will deliver.
We are fast-paced and team-oriented.We foster creativity from individuals and teams. We strive for growth in every aspect of our company. We are seeking experienced, talented and committed individuals to help lead us into our next phase of growth.
*Please note that this role will require relocation to Seattle, WA*
Choice is Your Right Choice!
Paula’s Choice Skincare is multinational brand that is 25 years strong! Our vision is to empower and enable people around the world with highly effective products and in-depth knowledge to achieve their own definition of beautiful. We question ingredients, follow the facts and stand up for the customer, because we’re in this journey together.
How you’ll have an impact at Paula’s Choice:The Research & Innovation team leads the creation of new skincare development in our newly built formulation lab, located in downtown Seattle.Product Development at Paula’s Choice is R&D lead and starts with the science and is driven by what is truly safe and effective for skin.
As the Director of Research and Innovation, youwill help drive our speed-to-market and innovation initiatives through the design, development, and execution of groundbreaking formulations.
If you’re an experienced leader skilled in building relationships, networking and have keen attention to detail, we would love to hear from you!
In this key role, a typical day might include a mix of the following:
- Working with senior leadership to develop a 3-year innovation strategy
- Presenting new technology and product ideas to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Discovering novel and effective ingredients and staying abreast of new research and formulation techniques
- Driving all new innovation and technology through the Ideation process
- Managing blue sky development and research to ensure a steady pipeline of forward-looking innovation
- Applying advanced scientific and formulation knowledge to new products and oversee formulary approvals throughout development
- Managing our in-house formulations lab and three direct reports
- Leading claim substantiation for all new product development
- Partnering with Product Development and Brand Marketing on product messaging, claims, and benefits
- Working closely with Product Development to help manage cost of goods
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager
Location: Downtown Seattle (Temporarily remote)
Hours: Typical business hours
Physical requirements: Ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to handle long periods of screen time
Travel: Up to 25%, (predominantly domestic with minimal international travel)
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Masters in Chemistry or a related science field or equal work experience
- Knowledge of dermatology, physiology, and skincare in general
- Minimum of 10 years of experience formulating effective skin care products that have resulted in successful launches in a range of formats (creams, lotions, gels, liquids)
- Strong knowledge of personal care ingredients, chemistry, and stability
- A high level of creativity and the ability to come up with new product ideas and innovation
- Has created new successful products for other companies
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication
- Able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic and passionate about skincare and creating new effective formulations and improving current formulations.
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently, as well as in team settings
- Strong organization and attention to detail
What can help you really stand out:
- Strong background and knowledge in skin physiology and current skincare theory
- Ability to objectively read and interpret scientific studies
- General understanding of global regulatory formula requirements
- Bench chemist experience and the ability to personally formulate skin care products
- Experience with formula transfer, manufacturing, and trouble-shooting stability issues
- Experience with GMP & GLP guidelines
What we offer you:
- A robust benefits package including health, vision, dental, retirement and more
- Transportation stipend, gym membership and more
- Product samples and discounts
- Generous PTO
- Great location – we’re in the heart of Seattle’s beautiful International District
- Exceptional environment – we work hard and celebrate our accomplishments.You might catch our teams riding the Seattle Ducks, at Mariner’s games or connecting at happy hours
- Did we mention we’re a dog-friendly office?
Paula’s Choice is committed to diversity! Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We hope you agree. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering people to achieve their own definition of beautiful, Paula’s Choice could be a wonderful fit for you.
Note:At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.