We are looking for a Senior Audit Associate who will be responsible for performing and directing the broadest range of accounting tasks and who will assist the engagement manager and/or partner in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings for clients within the Not-for-Profit industry. The individual will work with audit staff at the client's premises, managing the engagement in the field and performing audit procedures to the appropriate extent. These duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS & SEC rules, where applicable).
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Research complex accounting topics and form a conclusion utilizing the Firm's research tools (Engagement, Accounting Research Manager and PPC ETools, etc.).
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training entry level staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms.
- Prepare financial report (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Understand cash flow effects of complex activities (non-cash, acquisitions, etc.).
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness.
- Seek to understand the client's business as a whole, including competitors, trends and key customers and show sensitivity to the client culture and business strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up, and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Perform a detailed effective in-charge level review of the team's work for finalization requirements.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and is capable of writing detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines; identifies roadblocks, and understands critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback to Interns and Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- 3+ years of progressive audit experience in public accounting.
- Not-for-Profit engagement experience required.
- CPA Certification or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification, including required coursework preferred.
- A solid understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- Proficient with computer software packages and platforms including Microsoft Office Suite, Tax software, ProSystems and CCH.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Must be willing to travel locally to clients 80% of the time and have access to a car/public transportation.