Under direction and supervision of Registered Nurse, assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care, and performs a variety of procedures, exams and tests. Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment, and promotes improved customer relations.
- Functions as a key member of the nursing care team participating in the implementation of the patient's plan of care.
- Promotes improved customer relations with patients and their families. Makes recommendations for improved patient care and the promotion and maintenance of a safe, cost-effective health-care environment.
- Assists the nurse in providing for all ADL (activities of daily living) needs of patients. Communicates and documents patient status.
- Assists the nurse and other health team members by performing a variety of procedures, exams, tests, treatments and clerical duties as required by the unit. Communicates and documents all pertinent data.
- Maintains non-patient and patient care units in a neat and orderly condition; strips patient units upon discharge and prepares rooms for new admissions; maintains necessary stock on all procedure and supply carts; and ensures that all equipment is clean and in its appropriate place.
- Transports/accompanies patients to various departments, as directed; performs post-mortem care and transports body to morgue.
- Utilizes proper isolation techniques and established safety, waste disposal and infection control procedures at all times. Follows Medical Center's policies and procedures supporting quality assurance efforts in-patient care services.
- Participates in various continuing education programs, surveys, and attends staff meetings, as directed.
- Accesses medication delivery and/or medication areas, as authorized, in the performance of required duties, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Heart Saver Certification, preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in at least one of the following; EKG testing or venipuncture procedure, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and/or oral instructions. Demonstrated competency in basic mathematics
- Ability to operate all medical equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to lift, turn, position, move and restrain patients as required.