Our client Facility is looking for aDirector of Nursingfor its senior community. As Director of Nursing, you would be responsible for providing quality nursing to residents. The DON position is a member of the senior management team, with direct involvement with owners on the strategic vision of the company. Our client prides itself on the excellent care provided to all of its residents, and the DON position is central in taking the lead on providing excellent care.
- Work with the Executive Director and ownership directly, providing input on the management and general strategic goals of the company. Our client, performance metrics and statistics are not our focus – we know that providing great care in a warm, loving environment will create a successful business.
- Use your management skills to directly oversee the daily operations of the Nursing Department. You will manage caregivers (nurses and resident assistants) to provide the best resident care possible – and in the process, make a real difference in the lives of our seniors.
- Develop and coordinate training classes to ensure that staff is always well versed. You will participate in the orientation program for new employees in all departments, especially as it relates to resident care and good health care practices.
- Ensure excellent compliance with government regulations and internal procedures.
- Partner with physicians, pharmacy and other medical professionals to promote quality care and independence for our residents.
Who would be a great fit?
- 3+ years of experience in senior residential healthcare as a Director of Nursing
- Must be a compassionate caregiver and experienced leader with a positive and outgoing personality and strong clinical skills
- Must be an effective communicator and team builder Must possess the ability to think through complex issues
- Must hold an active, unencumbered state nursing license
80,000-100,000 / yr