Monro, Inc. is one of the nation's largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we're currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America's leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We're looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Lube and Tire Technician at Monro or General Service Tech as we call it, is an entry level Automotive Technician position and a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive mechanic training program, covering all aspects of your new role. As a General Service Technician, you will be an essential team member, performing maintenance services on Guest vehicles. More importantly, you will be part of a team working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your Technician skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
Pay is based on experience: Average guaranteed pay range is $12-14 per hour. Plus, incentives (if applicable)
- Mechanic duties include; Changing, mounting, and installing tires
- Wheel removal, tire repair and balance, tire patch/plug repairs
- Quick lube type duties such as lubrication and oil change
- Inspect and rotate tires
- Basic automotive maintenance work such as battery installation
- We will train you to do alignments, brake services, and scheduled maintenance services
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- Automotive Technician or Lube and Tire experience is a plus
- Valid Driver license
- Own basic set of Mechanics tools or participate in tool purchase program
- Positive attitude and a collaborative mindset
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
- ASE automotive certification in at least one of A1-A8
- Automotive Technician State Inspector License
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we're committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. Our General Service Technicians receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.