Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Laboratory Director will have clinical oversight of Sonic Healthcare's ThyroSeq laboratory testing. As laboratory director you will ensure quality of testing while continuing to meet or exceed applicable regulatory standards. You are responsible for ensuring that the laboratory implements testing while consistently providing accurate and reliable patient NGS test results.
- Extensive experience in complex diagnostic molecular testing techniques, including hands-on experience with Next-Generation Sequencing assays.
- Proven experience in clinical molecular assay design, validation, and implementation under CAP and NYS DOH requirements.
- Experience in clinical laboratory budget development and cost management.
- Experience in lean workflow and production schedule in pre-, post, and analytical clinical laboratory operations.
- Experience in developing Quality Management Program for Clinical NGS testing.
- Experience in LIS and LIMS management for Clinical NGS testing and familiarity with integration of NGS informatics pipelines and software.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, lab technologists.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with CPT coding and reimbursement with commercial and governmental payors
- Strong ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent client interaction communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Board-certified or eligible in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) and/or American Board of Pathology with Molecular Genetic Pathology fellowship training in ACGME-accredited institution (Requires PhD, MD, or DO), and/or
- Board-certified or eligible as a High-complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD), in Molecular Diagnostics by the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), and
- New York State licensure or qualifications to obtain NYS license
- As above
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
- Extensive computer work.
- Frequent use of telephone and fax.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.