LOCATION/UNIT: CFO and Vice President for Administration
TITLE/SALARY GRADE: Administrative Assistant 2, (Phi) SG-15
This CSEA-represented position is placed in the non-competitive jurisdictional class having been determined that competitive examination is not practicable for filling this position. In addition, it is a "phi" designated position which is policy-influencing/confidential. Appointment to the position will not be tenure bearing in accordance with Civil Service Law Section 75.1 (C). SUNY-ESF Civil Service permanent competitive class employees will be granted a one-year discretionary hold in their former title.
SALARY: $51,558 annually (NOTE: current or reconstructed salary for state employees in accordance with NYS Audit and Control)
The Administrative Assistant 2 in the Office of the CFO and Vice President for Administration provides secretarial support to the CFO & Vice President for Administration The applicant is required to operate independently with minimal supervision based on knowledge of the office operations, policies and procedures and be able to coordinate and communicate tasks related to functions of the office.
- Monitor all activities within the CFO & VP of Administration's Office independently; including organizing incoming correspondence, making and processing of travel arrangements and reconciliation of expenses and reimbursements, and maintain office filing system.
- Answer telephone calls, greet visitors, respond to questions, and gather data for inquiries.
- Maintain calendars and schedule meetings for CFO and VP for Administration and College Attorney.
- Oversee budgeting processes.
- Organize and serve as recording secretary at all Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings in accordance with public meeting policies and regulations. Manage and plan logistics for all Board of Trustee events and meetings, including meeting materials, room reservations, travel, meals and hotel arrangements for Trustees. Maintain archival files for Board of Trustee records.
- Work with College Attorney to respond to time sensitive Freedom of Information Law Requests (FOIL).
- Gather required information, forms and details for completing Temporary Revocable Permit (TRP) for events held on campus.
- Maintain CFO and VP Administration and Board of Trustees web pages including College Policies Procedures and Administrative Updates.
- Manage and update Housing agreements in accordance with Division of Budget policy.
- Provide campus with Alcohol permits in compliance with NYS Liquor Authority and ESF Alcohol Policy.
- Maintain and manage office procurement card, purchases, supplies and property control records.
- Update and maintain Emergency Procedure Manual in coordination with other departments.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Two years of satisfactory secretarial experience; OR Satisfactory completion of a two year course in secretarial science from a business school registered with the NYS Education Department from a NYS Community College or technical institute recognized by the NYS Education Department as following acceptable practices; OR A satisfactory combination of education and experience.
- Executive secretarial experience at the Vice President level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced office.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Knowledge of proper grammatical usage, punctuation and spelling.
OPERATIONAL NEEDS: Monday thru Friday - 8:00AM - 4:30PM
In accordance with the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" institutions of higher education are required to prepare an annual report containing information on campus security policies and campus statistics. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by SUNY-ESF; and on property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a printed copy of this report by contacting SUNY-ESF University Police at 315-470-6667 or by accessing the following web site: