Risk Placement Services is one of the nation's largest specialty insurance products distributors. We work with top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity and responsiveness.
Do you love providing quality customer service to clients? Gallagher is looking for a detail oriented Personal Lines Underwriting Assistant to provide assistance and support to Client Consultants on team initiatives!
How will you impact the business?
- Receive and respond to customer service inquiries in a timely fashion
- Service existing clients by pinpointing and assessing customer needs to achieve happiness
- Follow-up on customer issues, research problems and process documents vital to ensuring a successful resolution
- Develop reports for internal and external use
- Build proactive client tools, maintain these tools, and provide input toward developing the best solutions
- Aid in the production of presentations, campaigns, communication materials, newsletters, etc. to internal staff as well as clients concerning underwriting policies and our scope of services
- Evaluate contract documents (plan descriptions, administrative agreements, claim exclusions and limitations, etc.) to gain basic knowledge of client parameters that may impact financial reports
- Engage in and help arrange regular underwriting team meetings
- High school diploma; no experience required.
- 1 year related experience
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of customer service experience
- Construction, commercial auto, casualty
- Sagitta system experience
- Outlook system experience
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work authorization.
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.